Prep these Pink lemonade jello shots can in just 30 minutes and steal the show at your next party! They are the ultimate summer party must have, bursting with strawberry lemonade flavors. You’ll only need 4 ingredients and some fruity gummy slices for garnish. The hardest part is waiting for them to set!
You are going to love these strawberry lemonade jello shots! They sort of remind me of my pink starburst cocktail, except in shooter form, which is always a hit at the party. Just remember when it’s summer and so hot outside, you want to keep these babies chilled. If not, you will have a melted sticky mess! Another party fave are these TikTok inspired adult pineapples. Not a jello shot, but each spear is infused with rum, giving all the tropical vibes!
Take full advantage of summer and grill up some shrimp skewers, a tri tip, or serve this festive peach burrata salad before all the shots get gone! If you are looking for appetizer ideas, try Rotel Dip with Sausage or Loaded Beef Nachos, both are great when entertaining.
- It only requires 4 ingredients.
- The flavors scream summertime!
- Shots can be made ahead of the party, so you aren’t doing everything the same day.
- Serves 24 people.
What Ingredients do I Need for Pink Lemonade Jello Shots?
- strawberry jello mix
- boiling water
- cold water
- Lemon Vodka – the flavored vodka really brings the flavors together and balances out the shots.
- Triple Sec
- Pink and yellow gummy fruit slices – these are for garnish, so totally optional but sure do look pretty!
Before You Start have a baking pan ready with all the shot cups. This makes chilling them and serving way easier!
How to Make Pink Lemonade Shooters
PREP: Boil the water and have the shot glasses ready.
MAKE THE JELLO: Whisk together the boiling water with the strawberry gelatin in a mixing bowl. Pour in the vodka, triple sec, and cold water. Stir until all of the ingredients are incorporated in the jello mixture.
FILL AND CHILL: Pour the gelatin mixture into the shot cups leaving a little space at the top so they don’t spill. Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until they are set. Garnish and serve!
- Other garnish ideas: lemon halves, limes, a twisted lemon peel, whipped cream, or lemon wedges.
- For a lighter shot, use more cold water and less vodka. Just be sure you have 4 cups of liquid.
- To make the shots stronger, you can use up to 1.5 cups of vodka.
- If desired, use a combination of strawberry and lemon vodkas.
- While the color of the shots will be different, you can use a 3-ounce package of strawberry jello and a 3-ounce package of lemon jello.
- To make the shots set up faster, use icy cold water and shallow cups.
- Pouring from a spouted cup makes the process super easy.
- Instead of using shot cups, you and scoop out lemon peels and oranges, then pour the jello mixture directly in those. Let them set then slice into wedges for serving.
People have been whipping up Jello shots since 1862, where the first recipe was published in a book.
Vodka, tequila, or rum all work great for jello shot recipes, it just depends on what flavor combos are being made. The key is to not over do it with the alcohol. This will cause the shots to stay liquid because they cannot set up.
These shots will last up to a week in the refrigerator as long as they are covered. Use the individual lids. If you don’t have those, just cover the baking sheet tightly with plastic wrap. It’s best to add the garnish just before serving, don’t leave or add the candies if you are going to store them for a while.
Pink Lemonade Jello Shots
- 1 – 6 oz. box strawberry jello mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup cold water
- 3/4 cup Lemon Vodka
- ¼ cup Triple Sec
- Pink and yellow gummy fruit slices
- In a medium bowl or large (4-cup) measuring cup with spout, whisk together strawberry jello mix and 1 cup of boiling water until jello is fully dissolved.
- Once the jello is fully dissolved, stir in the cold water, lemon vodka, and Triple Sec. Mix until combined.
- Carefully pour the mixture between small plastic shot cups. Fill just under the top so they don’t spill.
- Transfer jello shots to the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours until set.
- Just before serving, top each jello shot with a gummy fruit slice.