If you love pickles, this creamy Dill Pickle Dip will have your mouth watering for more! Not only is it a great party app, but it’s a good snack during the warmer months that’s cool and refreshing!
There are some foods that people love and there are some that people REALLY love. I have found that pickles are one of those foods. You know the dill pickle lovers who like to drink the pickle juice, or were the first to try the dill pickle potato chips? I like pickles, but I don’t go this far!
Nonetheless, one of my favorite things about this dip is that you can eat it cold. My other favorite dip recipes like Buffalo Chicken Dip or Spinach Artichoke Dip, I prefer those warm. So this is a great option for summer parties or an appetizer idea that doesn’t require heat or much prep time.
More Tasty Snacks and Appetizers
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS DILL PICKLE DIP RECIPE
- sour cream – adds a whole other level of creaminess and flavor. You can also swap for Greek yogurt if you please
- cream cheese – make sure you take the time to softened the cream cheese. The softer it is, the easier the dip comes together and the texture is better.
- Ranch seasoning – you can also use the ranch seasoning packets
- deli-sliced ham – I like using honey ham. I feel like the sweetness balances out the other tangy flavors
- green onions – only use the green part! If you don’t have these you can slice up some red onion, just be sure it is finely chopped and you don’t use a ton or it will overpower the dip.
- jar of dill pickles – chips or spears, you choose! You could also use a dill pickle relish if you want to skip the chopping time.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE DIP WITH DILL PICKLES
Beat together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch seasoning in a medium bowl using an electric mixer or stand mixer.
Chop the ham into small pieces and stir in with a rubber spatula. Then add the green onions and chopped dill pickles.
Transfer the dill pickle dip to a serving dish and garnish with a few more chopped pickles and green onion slices.
STORING LEFTOVER DIP
This dip keeps best when stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container and will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
TIPS AND VARIATIONS FOR MAKING DILL PICKLE DIP WITH HAM
Different pickles – you could try the bread and butter pickles or the hot variety
More Flavor – Use garlic powder, onion powder or diced onions for a flavor booster. If you like spice, dice some jalapenos or add a dash of cayenne pepper. You could also add some fresh dill in. If you use the ranch packets, know that there is dill weed in there as well, and if you use too much it can quickly change the overall flavor.
Too Thick – if the creamy dip is too thick for your liking, you can thin it out with a little pickle juice.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE PICKLE DIP WITH?
- Butter crackers (Ritz)
- Carrots, celery, or other fresh vegetables
- Lightly salted chips
- Serve on tea sandwiches
Easy and Creamy Dill Pickle Dip
- Mixer electric or stand
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- Ranch seasoning or 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
- 9 oz. package of deli-sliced honey ham chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 cups chopped dill pickles about 20 oz. jar
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch seasoning until smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir in the chopped ham, sliced green onions, and chopped pickles.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with a few chopped pickles and green onion slices.
- Serve with butter crackers (Ritz) or Triscuits