Buffalo Chicken Fries are a quick and easy game day appetizer but delicious enough to serve on a weeknight as well! You only need 8 ingredients and 30 minutes worth of time to make this delicious and filling recipe.
Tis the season for all recipes that cater to game days. You know what that means? Bring on the appetizers, dips, and all the chicken you can handle! Because I love the taste of buffalo sauce and it’s not a party until there is a dip involved, I also whipped up the best Buffalo Chicken Dip and Buffalo Chicken Meatballs you have ever tasted.
One thing I love about this french fry recipe is that you can easily add more of everything or back it off based on your liking. So if you want the fries spicier? Add more buffalo sauce and maybe even sliced jalapeños. Need a little less kick? Drizzle more ranch or blue cheese!
More Tasty Appetizers and Snacks
- frozen french fries – you can use traditional stick fries or waffle fries would be great, too
- grilled chicken strips/tenders/pieces – grab these from the frozen or refrigerated section at your local grocery store
- buffalo hot sauce – you can never go wrong with Frank’s or Sweet Baby Ray’s, but go with your favorite buffalo wing sauce
- pepper jack cheese – add some kick to the fries, we love pepper jack for its creamy and spicy flavor
- monterey jack cheese – you can substitute cheddar cheese, too
- ranch dressing (or blue cheese dressing if you love it)
- blue cheese crumbles
- green onions
How to Make Fries Using Buffalo Chicken
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Add the frozen french fries onto a baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer. Cook according to the instructions on the package.
While you wait on the fries to cook, dice the chicken into bite sized pieces, then toss them in a small bowl with a half cup of buffalo sauce.
Remove the crispy baked fries from the oven and sprinkle half of the pepper jack and Monterey cheese on top, followed by the buffalo chicken. Then add the remaining cheese.
Continue cooking the fries for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is warm and the cheeses have completely melted.
Drizzle the fries with additional buffalo sauce and ranch dressing.
Top with bleu cheese crumbles, green onions or chives, and enjoy!
Can The Leftovers Be Reheated?
Honestly, buffalo chicken fries are best straight out of the oven. If for some reason you didn’t use all of the buffalo chicken mixture, that could be refrigerated for later. You can also put leftover fries on a sheet pan and pop them back in the oven for 5 minutes or so and reheat.
Can You Make Your Own Buffalo Hot Sauce?
Sure, we just use store-bought because that’s easy! To make your own buffalo hot sauce, all you need is to melt a little butter in a saucepan and add your fav hot sauce (ex. Texas Pete). Add additional seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, or even a ranch seasoning packet. Whisk it together and let it simmer for a few minutes. As it cools it will thicken up and will keep so you can use it later if you would like.
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Fries Like a Pro
- We used pepper jack and monterey jack, but you can use any combination of your favorite melting cheeses – cheddar cheese, colby-jack, or mozzarella cheese would also be great.
- If you love blue cheese, consider using blue cheese dressing instead of the ranch dressing as drizzle. For crowds, the ranch dressing may be more universally appealing. You can even serve the blue cheese crumbles on the side.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe for a crowd, but be sure to spread the fries across multiple sheet pans. The fries need room and have to be in a single layer to crisp up properly.
- If you wanted to make a small batch, consider experimenting with your air fryer if you have one.
Buffalo Chicken Fries
- 26- ounce package frozen french fries
- 16 oz. package grilled chicken strips/pieces
- 1 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1 ½ cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½-1 cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread french fries onto a sheet pan and bake according to package instructions. I like to bake an additional 5-10 minutes beyond the recommended bake time so that the fries are crispier.
- While the fries are cooking, chop chicken into bite-size pieces and toss with about ½ cup of buffalo sauce.
- Remove the cooked fries from the oven when they are golden and crispy. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, then the chicken pieces, and then the remaining cheeses.
- Return sheet pan to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheeses are melted and chicken is hot.
- Drizzle fries with buffalo sauce and ranch dressing (adjust the amount to your taste).
- Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and sliced green onions and serve immediately.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @girlinspired1 and follow on Pinterest for more!