Get ready for the most refreshing and bright summer cocktail. This orange and lemon gin cocktail is one of my favorite drinks to cool down when I want something refreshing and bursting with fresh garden flavor. Orange, lemon, and basil add more flavor than you can imagine and are the perfect compliment to the gin.
Orange, lemon, and basil are the stars of this cocktail. The combination seems odd, but after discovering how delicious Orange Basil infused water can be, I had an idea that it might be possible to make it even better…with gin! Even my anti-gin husband asked for a second drink when I mixed up these beauties. These gin cocktails are perfect with spicy grilled shrimp or a Chinese chicken salad.
Orange Lemon Gin Cocktail Ingredients:
- dry gin (I like Bombay Sapphire)
- fresh orange slices
- fresh lemon slices
- fresh basil leaves
- simple syrup
- club soda
It is SO SIMPLE to mix up this cocktail.
- Place 1-2 slices each of lemon and orange in a cocktail glass.
- Add 2-3 basil leaves and muddle just a bit.
- Add 1.5 oz. dry gin to the glass.
- Add a splash of homemade simple syrup (adjust sweetness to taste.)
- Top with ice and club soda to fill the glass. Give the drink a quick stir. Time to drink up!
I can’t wait to hear how you like this orange, basil, and lemon gin cocktail. It’s low in calories and you may even get a little boost to the immune system with that citrus! Lol. Please drink responsibly.
Orange Lemon Gin Cocktail
- 2 slices fresh orange
- 2 slices fresh lemon
- 2 basil leaves
- 1.5 ounces dry gin
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- 4 ounces club soda
- Muddle orange and lemon slices and basil leaves in a cocktail glass.
- Add gin and simple syrup and stir.
- Top with ice and club soda.