Indulge in the ultimate dessert-flavored shot with Skrewball Whiskey Reese Cup Shot. This creamy, rich blend combines the smooth, nutty flavor of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey with the chocolatey goodness of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. It’s like combining two of your favorite treats into one delicious shooter. Perfect for any party or celebration, this shot is guaranteed to be a hit with anyone who loves a sweet, decadent flavor.
Pb whiskey is a peanut butter lover’s dream! Not only do you get the nutty flavors with a little bite from the actual liquor, but when you add the other ingredients it tastes like Reese’s cup! This is perfect for the non-whiskey drinkers of the crowd if they don’t like the normal taste. For those who don’t drink or if you have kids around, I recommend offering easy peanut butter frozen hot chocolate!
If you like jello shots you can never go wrong with a batch of tequila sunrise or pina colada. We also like spiked apple cider during the colder months or a bubbly blackberry cocktail. Another creamy, whiskey shot we love is the cinnamon toast crunch that uses Fireball.
Why You’ll Love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Shots
- An easy shot recipe that the crowd goes wild for.
- A fun way to serve up when you garnish it with mini Reese’s.
- Can easily be turned into a cocktail drink versus a single shot.
Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey Shots Ingredients
- milk – we like whole milk
- coffee liqueur
- Reese’s “minis” peanut butter cups
- Chocolate syrup or dark chocolate ganache for the rims of the shot glasses
Pro Tip: Other companies make peanut butter whiskies, but we think Skrewball is the best-flavored whiskey when it comes to that delicious peanut butter flavor.
How to Make a Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey Shot
PREP: Dip the rim of each glass into a shallow dish with the chocolate ganache or syrup.
POUR: Pour equal parts milk, coffee liqueur, and Skrewball into the shot glass.
GARNISH: Top with Reese’s mini toothpick and say cheers!
- Chocolate liqueur can be used in place of coffee liqueur.
- If desired, swap the milk for Bailey’s. Just remember this does add extra booze!
- When using chocolate syrup on the rim, know that it is thinner than ganache. You can also drizzle it down the sides of the glass.
- How to make chocolate ganache: pour ½ cup of simmering heavy cream over ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Let them sit for 2-3 minutes and then whisk vigorously until the chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with the cream.
- You hardly taste the coffee flavor with this chocolate and the peanut butter cups as a garnish.
- When serving a crowd, make several batches in a cocktail shaker to save time. You can also serve it on the rocks or in a martini glass for a decadent cocktail.
Steven Yeng and Brittany launched Skrewball in 2018 out of San Diego and it was the first of its kind.
- Some enjoy a peanut butter jelly shot (literally like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in liquid form). In that case, combine ½ ounce of peanut butter whiskey with ½ ounce of Chambord liqueur. Garnish with a toothpick of fresh raspberries. You can also use a black raspberry liqueur or strawberry liqueur.
- If you don’t like creamy shots, you can also mix this whiskey with cranberry juice to cut the sweetness a bit. This was actually recommended by the co-founder of Skrewball.
- Transform an old fashioned by using peanut butter whiskey in place of bourbon.
Screwball peanut butter whiskey goes fantastic with coffee, dessert, and fruit liqueurs.
It has an alcohol by volume of 35%.
Yes. While it is full of peanut butter flavor, it is sweet with notes of vanilla, and the warmness of regular whiskey.
Depending on where you live you make be able to find this whiskey in your local grocery store. If they don’t have it, the liquor store definitely will!
Skrewball Whiskey Reese Cup Shot
- ½ ounce milk we like whole milk
- ½ ounce coffee liqueur
- ½ ounce Skrewball
- Reese’s “minis” peanut butter cups
- Chocolate syrup or chocolate ganache for the rims of shot glass optional
- Place chocolate syrup (thinner) or chocolate ganache (thicker) into a shallow dish. Dip the rim of each shot glass into the chocolate.
- Pour equal parts milk, coffee liqueur, and Skrewball into the shot glass.
- Top with a Reese’s mini toothpick.