This Peanut Butter Lasagna is the answer to your need for a quick and easy sweet treat that requires zero baking time and is sure to get raving reviews from the family or whoever is lucky enough to be served a slice! This dessert lasagna is sure to make you go nutty for an extra serving, and who would blame you?! Assemble this no-bake dessert in no time for any occasion.
This peanut butter cookie lasagna is a delicious layered dessert consisting of Nutter Butter cookies, a cream cheese layer, a peanut butter layer, and whipped topping that’s garnished with chopped cookies, peanut butter chips, and sliced bananas. You could also drizzle some Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce or Chocolate Sauce for peanut butter chocolate lasagna.
If you’re a peanut butter lover, try Peanut Butter Brownies, Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Layer Cake.
What do I Need for this Peanut Butter Lasagna?
- Crust – The crust layer consists of Nutter Butter sandwich cookies and melted butter (preferably salted). You’ll need 22 cookies for the cookie crumbs to make this layer and 8-10 cookies reserved.
- Cream cheese filling – Includes cream cheese (softened at room temperature), peanut butter, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip.
- Peanut butter layer – Instant vanilla pudding mix that’s mixed with whole milk and Cool Whip. You could also use instant banana pudding or even instant chocolate pudding.
- For the topping – A mixture of Cool Whip, whole Nutter Butter cookies (chopped into pieces), peanut butter chips, melted peanut butter, and two bananas (sliced). You can toss the sliced bananas in lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
To finish off this amazing dessert, I’ve added extra chopped cookie pieces, peanut butter chips, and Cool Whip with swirls of creamy peanut butter!! You could also add chopped small pieces of Reese’s peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips to this easy recipe.
Medium bowl or large mixing bowl, rolling pin or food processor (to crush the cookies), electric mixer or stand mixer, baking dish.
Variations and Substitutions:
- Instead of the Nutter Butter cookies, use Golden Oreo cookies or Graham crackers (original or chocolate Graham cracker crust).
- I’ve used Cool Whip in this peanut butter cheesecake, but you could use another brand of whipped topping.
- Peanut butter or chocolate pudding mixture can be used instead of vanilla pudding mixture.
PREP: Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
Step 1: Crush 22 of the Nutter Butter cookies, combine them with melted butter, and press the fine crumbs into the bottom of the dish.
Step 2: Make the cream cheese layer by combining the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and Cool Whip in a mixing bowl.
Step 3: Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the cookie crust. Transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes.
Step 4: In a mixing bowl, combine the instant pudding mix with whole milk and mix until thickened.
Step 5: Fold in Cool Whip and start to spread the pudding mix layer evenly over the cream cheese layer. Place the baking dish into the freezer for another 15 minutes.
Step 6: Gently spread the whipped topping over the pudding layer.
GARNISH/SLICE/SERVE: Sprinkle peanut butter chips, crushed Nutter Butter cookies, sliced bananas, and melted peanut butter over this dessert. Chill the dessert in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 15 minutes before serving.
- It’s best to make use of the regular Nutter Butter cookies since it contains more cookies in that package than the Double Stuff Nutter Butters. If you opt for the latter then you’ll definitely need to buy two packages so that you have enough for the lasagna garnish. 1 Package of Double Stuff Nutter Butters will be sufficient for the crust of a 9×13 baking dish in case you wanted to experiment with a combination of cookie packages.
- A 1-16 oz. tub of Cool Whip is enough for this entire recipe, including adding 1 cup into each of the cream cheese & pudding layers and then using the remaining on top.
- If you don’t have vanilla pudding mix then banana will work well.
- I suggest running your knife under some warm water when it comes to slicing your dessert lasagna for ease of serving.
A classic no-bake dessert lasagna is made of delicious layers, including a crust, pudding mix, and whipped cream topping with your favorite topping additions for extra decadence, and this particular lasagna dessert is no different!
In fact, I love this kind of dessert so much that I’ve also made a chocolate lasagna dessert – obviously!!
This dessert lasagna can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after assembling. Simply cover the container used with plastic wrap. I don’t suggest storing this dessert longer than 3 days in the refrigerator since the crunchy cookie base will start to soften.
You also have the option to freeze this Peanut Butter Banana Lasagna for up to 3 months by wrapping the container tightly with plastic wrap and then with an additional layer of aluminium foil for good measure.
To defrost your dessert from frozen, simply thaw it in the refrigerator the night before serving. If you forget to defrost it and you’re in a rush then you may be happy to know that it’ll taste similar to an ice-cream cake – I’m still trying to decide whether I prefer the thawed or frozen version (they’re both soooo good!)
Peanut Butter Lasagna
For Crust Layer
- 1 – 16 oz. package of Nutter Butter sandwich cookies 22 cookies for bottom layer plus 8-10 cookies reserved
- 4 tablespoons salted butter melted
For Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 3.4 oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix can substitute banana pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 cups Cool Whip remainder of 16 oz. tub
- 8 reserved whole Nutter Butter cookies chopped into pieces
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter melted
- 2 bananas sliced (toss with a little lemon juice to prevent them from browning) optional
- Grease a 9×13 glass baking dish and set aside.
- Spread a single layer of Nutter Butter cookies to fill baking dish (about 22 cookies), making sure to reserve about 8 cookies to use as topping. OR, crush the cookies in a food processor, combine with melted butter, and press into the baking dish.
- Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. Add 1 cup of Cool Whip and beat until fluffy. Spread evenly over the Nutter Butter cookie base. Place in the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk until it begins to thicken. Use the whisk or a hand beater to mix an additional cup of Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the chilled cream cheese/peanut butter layer and place the baking dish into the freezer for an additional 15 minutes to chill.
- Gently top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips, crushed Nutter Butter cookies, sliced bananas, and melted peanut butter. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or freezer for 15 minutes before serving.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @girlinspired1 and follow on Pinterest for more!
Leave A Reply!