This 4 layer no bake chocolate cherry dessert is going to steal your heart and your tastebuds! It’s full of classic flavors, including a chocolate cookie crust, a chocolate cheesecake layer that is rich and creamy, and easy cherry pie filling. Guests will go wild once they have the first taste!
One reason I love making desserts like this one is because they are super simple! It takes just 20 minutes to put the lush together and is absolute heaven when we talk about taste. My Chocolate Lasagna is similar to this recipe and everyone goes crazy over it.
While chocolate and cherries may remind you of Valentine’s day, no-bake recipes like this one are great for the warmer months since it’s hot enough without turning the oven on! You can also prep choco cherry lush ahead of time and it freezes well!
Since you are going to be loading up on cherry pie filling, grab a few extra cans so you make these Cherry Pie Bars.
- salted butter
Chocolate Cheesecake Layer:
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- half ‘n’ half
- Cherry pie filling
- Cool Whip
- Chocolate sprinkles and cherries for garnish
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Cherry Lush
Grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter.
Use a food processor to turn the Oreos into fine crumbs, then add the melted butter.
Press the cookie crumbs firmly into the bottom of the dish and place it in the freezer while you make the next layer.
Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and cream until it’s smooth and fluffy. Then gently spread the chocolate cheesecake layer over the chilled cookie crust.
Spread the cherry pie filling over the cheesecake layer using a spatula. Be careful if the layer is soft. You can chill layers between each addition to make it easier to spread the next layer on top of the previous.
Top with Cool Whip in a smooth layer. Reserve a cup of whipped topping if you are going to pipe swirls on top. Add the chocolate sprinkles.
Use a #1M tip and piping bag to make 16 soft swirls on top.
Let the lush freeze for at least 2 hours so it firms up.
Add cherries to each whipped topping swirl and serve!
Tips for Making and Storing
- If the cheesecake layer appears too soft, you can chill the dish in the freezer for 15 minutes or so between each layer to help firm up the surface.
- Fresh whipped cream pipes better designs when it comes to detail.
- To make the chocolate layer sweeter, add more powdered sugar.
- If you don’t have half ‘n’ half, whole milk can be substituted.
- Be sure to allow enough time for the cream cheese to soften. It’s easier to mix and it makes a smoother layer.
- Refrigerate the lush (covered) for up to 7 days.
- To freeze, You can freeze this chocolate cherry dessert for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw in the fridge before serving.
- This chocolate cherry dessert slices easiest and cleanest for serving when it is just slightly frozen.
- Switch things up by using strawberry filling instead of cherry.
More Desserts You Can’t Say No To
- Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- Butterscotch Cookies with Toffee
- Caramel Brownies
- Cherry Cheesecake Hand Pies
- The Most Delicious No Bake Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
No Bake Chocolate Cherry Dessert Lush
Oreo Crust Ingredients:
- 1 – 14.3 oz. package of chocolate sandwich cookies approximately 36 cookies
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted (plus more for greasing the pan)
Chocolate Cheesecake Layer Ingredients:
- 16 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup half ‘n’ half ⅓ cup whole milk can be substituted
- 2- 21 oz. cans cherry pie filling
- 16 oz. tub of frozen whipped topping Cool Whip, thawed
- Chocolate sprinkles optional
- 16 maraschino cherries optional
- Grease a 9×13 glass baking dish with butter and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulverize the Oreo cookies until small even crumbs form. Add the melted butter to the cookie crumbs and pulse until combined.
- Press the crust mixture into the prepared baking dish and place it in freezer to chill while preparing the next layer.
- With a hand mixer, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and the cream. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Spread the chocolate cheesecake layer over the chilled crust.
- Use a spatula to carefully spread the cherry pie filling evenly over the cheesecake layer (if the cheesecake layer appears too soft, you can chill the dish in the freezer for 15 minutes or so between each layer to help firm up the surface.
- Top with the Cool Whip, reserving about a cup to pipe swirls on top of the lush if you wish.
- Spread the Cool Whip smooth. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.
- Use a piping bag and tip #1M to pipe 16 soft swirls of Cool Whip on top of the lush.
- Place the lush in the freezer to firm up for at least 2 hours.
- Gently place a cherry on top of each piped swirl.
- Cut into pieces and serve.