No churn Cookie Monster ice cream is giving all of the Sesame Street vibes, without using an ice cream maker! It’s a creamy vanilla ice cream base, with chunks of Oreos and chocolate chip cookies, plus the blue color is mesmerizing!
No need to run to the ice cream shop the next time your kids are craving cookie ice cream! This is such a fun and unique homemade ice cream recipe that will be a huge hit! The last time I used blue food coloring we made bubble gum flavored, and they couldn’t get enough! I love that you don’t need an ice cream churner and it only takes 15 minutes of prep work.
Did you know that you can also use Oreos to make your own homemade ice cream cake? It’s not a vibrant color, but it sure is delicious! There’s also the option of Oreo cheesecakes or a creamy Oreo milkshake. If you love that cookie dough taste, be sure to try cookie dough dip and mini cookie dough cheesecakes.
What do I Need for this Recipe?
- condensed milk – be sure it’s sweetened.
- sea salt – deepens the flavor.
- vanilla extract – gives the base a solid vanilla taste
- blue gel food coloring – gel coloring works better than the liquid kind and you can use less to get the same results.
- heavy whipping cream – what makes the ice cream, creamy!
- Oreo cookies – can also use any other kind of chocolate sandwich cookies.
Add a few scoops of homemade cookie monster ice cream to ice cream cones or make it a sundae party! Sit out other toppings like melted peanut butter, hot fudge, chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff, and whipped cream.
- Freezer-safe bowl or loaf pan – this is what we are going to use to let the ice cream set up.
- Ice cream scoop – for serving, so we don’t bend our “good” spoons!
- Electric mixer – you can use a stand mixer or hand mixer.
Variations and Substitutions:
- Types of cookies – you can use any cookies you would like, the combination we put together will remind you of cookies ‘n’ cream.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough – skip the Chip Ahoy and mix in frozen cookie dough pieces.
- Ice cream machine – if you have an ice cream maker you can use this recipe with it. Follow your manufacturer’s instructions, but use this recipe.
- No churn vanilla ice cream – the base of this recipe is your standard vanilla. Feel free to create different flavors using other ingredients like fruit, chocolate syrup, etc.
Step 1: Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, salt, vanilla extract, and several drops of blue food coloring in a large bowl. Add more coloring to get a blue color that is a few shades darker than you want the final ice cream to be.
Step 2: Use a mixer to whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the blue mixture into the whipped cream, adding a little at a time. Stir gently so the whipped cream doesn’t get deflated.
Step 3: Chop the Oreos and Chips Ahoys into chunks. Add most of the chopped cookies to the creamy ice cream. Keep the other small pieces of cookies to decorate the top.
Step 4: Transfer the ice cream to a bowl or loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining cookies on top.
Pro Tip: The cookies on top are for decoration. You can use as many or as few as you would like and can chop them in different sizes.
Step 5: Freeze for at least 4 hours or until set.
SERVE: Add the ice cream to a cone or make it in a bowl with your favorite toppings!
- It’s easier to tint the condensed milk mixture before adding it to the whipped cream. The color will lighten once it’s folded in, so tint it darker than you want the final result to be.
- We used a mixture of mini and regular-sized chocolate chip cookies for different textures and appearances.
- The cookies on top are for decoration, this step can be skipped if desired.
Before being a character on Sesame Street, the Cookie Monster was in a commercial, then the inspiration came for the character.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container for 1 month. Store it towards the back of the freezer since it’s colder there.
It’s a vanilla ice cream that has been colored blue with food coloring to resemble the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. We have added chunks of cookies to ours!
More Creamy and No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- 1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Blue gel-based food coloring
- 2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 15 Oreo cookies divided
- 15 Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies divided (you can use a combination of regular or mini)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, salt, vanilla extract, and several drops of blue food coloring. Add additional food coloring to achieve a blue color that is a few shades darker than you wish the final ice cream to be.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the blue condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream, adding it a little at a time and stirring gently to prevent deflating the air from the whipped cream.
- Chop the Oreos and Chips Ahoy cookies and add most of the cookie pieces to the ice cream mixture. Set aside a few of each type of cookie to decorate the top of the ice cream.
- Gently transfer the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan or a bowl that is freezer-safe. Sprinkle reserved cookies over the top.
- Place in the freezer until frozen through, at least 4 hours.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @girlinspired1 and follow on Pinterest for more!
Leave A Reply!