Sangria jello shots take the classic wine punch and turns it into a fun and festive party jello shot recipe with sweet fruity flavors. Fresh apples, raspberries, and mandarin oranges garnish each cup of jello, meddling with red wine, cranberry juice and orange liqueur.
This boozy treat will be an instant hit at your next party or holiday get togethers, not to mention they are easy entertaining! Those who love the traditional Christmas sangria will find that the flavors are very similar because we are actually going to make our own flavored gelatin versus using raspberry jello.
If you like these sangria shots, you will love our frozen wine slushie, peach white wine slushie, and our famous show stopper party punch. As for fun party food, we usually serve charcuterie cups or lil smokies pigs in a blanket.
- cranberry-raspberry juice
- unflavored gelatin – see the variations section if you want to use flavored jello.
- triple sec and sweet red sparkling wine or red wine
- mandarin oranges in light syrup, raspberries, and apples – do not use frozen fruit.
- lemon juice – to prevent the apples from turning brown.
For a full list of ingredients and their measurements, 📋 please view my printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
We like just having the fruit pieces in this jello shots recipe, but you could also garnish with a dollop of canned whipped cream just before serving.
Substitutions and Variations
- Regular Jello – If you don’t want to use unflavored gelatin, use a 3.4 ounce package of strawberry, raspberry, cherry or grape. You can also experiment with black cherry jello.
- Fruit Juice – feel free to skip the cran-raspberry and use a blend (or all of one flavor) of cranberry juice, dark cherry juice, or pomegranate juice. We do not recommend using orange juice in place of the mandarins. This adds too much liquid.
- Wine – traditional sangria is made with a red or red blend, but you can use other flavors as long as they pair with fruit well.
- Without alcohol – In place of the wine, use the juices listed above. Replace the triple sec with orange or lime juice. Some even like adding lemon-lime soda.
Step 1: Use a 4 cup measuring cup to heat a cup of cran-raspberry juice until it’s hot.
Step 2: Add the gelatin packets to the fruit juice and stir. Let it set for 5 minutes. Then whisk until it’s fully dissolved.
Step 3: Add the triple sec and ½ cup of reserved juice from the canned mandarin oranges.
Step 4: Pour in additional wine to the 4-cup mark and stir. Skim off the foam with a spoon if needed. Set aside, but do not chill.
Pro Tip: Using a spouted measuring cup helps to dirty less dishes and makes it easy to pour the mixture into the shot cups.
Step 5: Sit the shot glasses on a sheet pan. Add 2-3 small pieces of mandarin orange and a raspberry in each. Dice the apple into bite sized pieces and toss in lemon juice. Then add to the 2-ounce shot cups.
Step 6: Use a pourable cup to add the wine jello mixture to each shot.
Step 7: Chill the sangria shooters in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or until they are firm.
SERVE: Once they have set, they are ready to serve! If you want to add whipped cream, do so once you take them from the fridge.
Tips for this Easy Sangria Jello Shots Recipe
- For the best results, avoid using too much alcohol. This will cause the sangria jell-o shots to not set correctly and be runny.
- We like using the disposable condiment cup with lids for shots.
- Tossing the apples in lemon juice keeps them from browning.
- If you don’t have a pourable cup, use an injector so it’s less messy.
You can add just about any fruits to sangria and it still tastes good!
Keep these jello shooters in the refrigerator for a couple of days. They will not keep as long as the standard gelatin shot because of the fresh fruit. We do not recommend freezing or storing with additional garnish on top. If you have the lids for the cups, keep them covered.
We do not recommend adding any more than the amount of alcohol listed in the recipe calls for to ensure they set correctly.
No. The alcohol content in the shots will stay the same as it was when you first made the mixture.
If you tried these Sangria Jello Shots or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you liked it in the 📝 comments below.
Sangria Jello Shots
- 1 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 3 packets unflavored gelatine 3 tablespoons
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 2 ¼ cups sweet red sparkling wine or red wine
- 2 – 15 oz. cans mandarin oranges in light syrup juice reserved, see recipe
- 2 – pints raspberries
- 2 large apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a 4-cup measuring cup, heat 1 cup of cran-raspberry juice until hot.
- Sprinkle the packets of gelatin over the hot juice and stir in. Leave to set for 5 minutes. Then whisk the gelatin into the juice until fully dissolved.
- Add triple sec and ½ cup of reserved juice/syrup from the can of mandarin oranges.
- Add wine to the 4-cup mark and stir all ingredients to combine. If there is foam on top of the liquid, skim it off with a spoon. Set aside (do not chill).
- Lay out jello shot cups on a sheet pan. Place 2-3 pieces of mandarin orange and raspberry in each cup.
- Peel and core apple and dice into bite-sized pieces. Toss apple with lemon juice and distribute among the cups.
- Use a spouted cup to add the wine/gelatin mixture to each cup.
- Place jello cups in the refrigerator for 2+ hours to firm up.