Zippered Pouches

You know how you see a project flash across your computer screen and you just can’t stop thinking about it?  When I saw Kate’s “Little Zippered Bow Pouch” tutorial, I knew I needed to make a few for the girls. These little bags sew up in no time and they are adorable. They’re really quite spacious, too!

I used an upholstery fabric on the inside since I didn’t plan ahead and had no duck cloth on hand for interfacing.  This worked okay, but when I make more, I think duck cloth would really make them nice and sturdy.  I altered the pattern just a tad to sew the zipper in with the method I typically use; that way I didn’t have to think about it.  I love the way that Kate designed the bow on the zipper pull – it’s pure genius!  I would’ve made these little bags just to line them all up for cute pictures, but I actually filled them with something before I gave them to the girls for Christmas – I’ll post about that next time!!  Find the tutorial and free pattern here.

Comments

1. Thanks so much, everyone!

I will try to put together a few resources for tags and post that soon; in the meantime, my current set of tags are woven from World Wide Label on etsy. You have to order quite a few and they take a few weeks as they’re overseas, but the quality and price is excellent!

The fabrics I used for these pouches are from Tula Pink (the two pink prints), Heather Bailey (teal/green/white) and Amy Butler (teal and yellow).

2. Catherine says:

The fabric you used is SO cute! I love these and am so inspired to try this!

XO

3. JoJoand Eloise says:

Oh,I love the adorable bows on them. It also doesn’t hurt that you used BEAUTIFUL fabric. : )
    xo
    Angelina

4. So so cute…I love the twill labels that you have placed on the inside with your blogger name. Can you please give me a good resource to check into having some made for myself? Thank you for all the inspiration!

cjpike at indiana dot edu

5. sweeter than cupcakes says:

So sweet! I love the fabric with the girl catching butterflies. Ditto on the tags. They look great.

6. Ooh! I live that fabric sooo much! You have the best stash!

7. so pretty stef!! i’m sorta flattered that you used one of my tutorials :)

8. Those are SO CUTE! Those fabrics work perfectly with the pouch design. =)

9. kim leavens says:

Cutest little pouch ever!!!…I’ve been looking for one too…perfect timing!!!!Thanx for sharing…Do you do your own tags??

10. SUPER CUTE!! Kate has some great tutorials, eh??

11. Елена says:

Очень красиво!

12. Jessica at Me Sew Crazy says:

these are adorable Stef! I love them! Your girls must love them too…they also make perfect business card holders :)

1. [...] Previous bags and pouches posts include: The Spring Market Tote and Zippered Pouches! [...]