Newborn Photos

I have been waiting to get my hands on a baby to photograph and my sweet cousin let me play with her precious little girl for hours last week!  I was making the drive toward the Bay Area and the skies got gloomier the further I drove – what would we do without light??  I used my new, handy 50mm 1.8 lens for all of the pictures.  That, and the dining room table pushed up to a nice, little window provided enough natural light for some gorgeous shots.
We had a chance to put this cutie in the tiny newborn ruffle jumper that I made her as part of her baby shower layette.  So cute!!
These parents were nice enough to oblige when I tried to recreate another photo I had seen.  I like how this picture makes me feel like I’m peeking in on their newborn bliss!
If you follow me on instagram (girlinspired1), you know that I decided to take up knitting.  Knit or Crochet have been on my “try that someday” list for a long time – so far I’ve knitted a couple straight stitch scarves and this baby pod.  At 7 pm, the night before this photo shoot, I decided that we needed a pod – you know me, when I get an idea in my head….
The sweetest family picture ever.  The sweetest family, too.
Mel asked me to bring the lace crowns.  Why, of course!
Awwwww, cute squishy happy baby. i love her.

Comments

1. Gorgeous and you’re a genius. I often look at newborn photos and envision the babes feeling so cold all nude and posing and this “baby pod” is perfect. She looks so cozy and content nestled in that thing. Lanie couldn’t look more beautiful…you captured their contentment perfectly. Wonderful photos, Stef. Love that little family!! <3

2. oh i love these photos. baby toes!! so precious.
    -jess

3. Carol Pack Urban says:

The photos are beautiful and the baby is breathtakingly gorgeous! Kudos on the great job you did knitting that little baby pod. Love it!

4. What a great post to wake up to!! So absolutely beautiful Stef! You are a woman of so many talents, and I love that I get to enjoy and share in your fun! Thank you so much for taking the time to make my family feel so special, and beautiful. I cannot wait to get my hands on these gorgeous photos. Everleigh has a super special loving auntie, and I would be lost in life without you. :)

5. sweeter than cupcakes says:

Beautiful! These photos are truly a treasure. You have many talents!

6. Kristie Clower says:

These are such amazing shots! What a cute little girl. I love the family shots. Also, you were down in the Bay & didn’t stop by?! I’m joking, but we really do have to get together sometime. Loves!

7. Jacqueline Craig says:

She is so beautiful! Lovely photography well done. x http://myguidetohomemade.blogspot.co.uk/

8. So precious Stef! Too bad we don’t live close so you could take mine!

9. I love the mood of your pictures: so serene. They are beautiful!

10. Christene says:

Beautiful baby..beautiful photos!!

11. Lovely photos!

12. Oh i really love these photos, Stef. Really gorgeous, perfect lighting. My sis is in labor RIGHT NOW so maybe I can talk her into letting me take some newborn shots. Those toesies!!!

13. Елена says:

Очень красиво!

14. Howdy would you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re using? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you recommend a good internet hosting provider at
    a honest price? Cheers, I appreciate it!
    my website :: play slot machines for money

15. So cute. Congratulations!

16. Stef, you did an amazing job on these photos. So precious, so beautiful. That first photos of her teeny toes is magic. And the family photos are so sweet and tender. Makes me weepy. That niece of yours is something special. Love her.

17. Aww, I LOVE that first photo of the tiny little toes. Beautiful photos!

18. Sew Much Ado says:

Oh my gosh, these are SO sweet! Makes me want a newborn again (almost :)). What precious family photos!