Fudgy strawberry cheesecake brownies combine two of your favorite classic desserts into one small square of heaven. They are made with a box of strawberry cake mix to keep things easy for the brownies, smeared with a layer of strawberry cream cheese frosting, and topped with a shortcake crumble that will knock you out good.
You may think strawberry brownies sound weird, but they are actually light, refreshing, and a great dessert to serve up in the warmer months. Now there’s no doubt that an old-fashioned strawberry shortcake will do the trick with the sweet craving strikes, but if you add these two desserts together, it’s the ultimate flavor bomb.
During this time of year, I love using ingredients like lemon and strawberry whenever I can. If you don’t want to turn your oven on you may want to try my classic cheesecake and this lemon cheesecake, both are no bake recipes. If you are coming around to the thought that you may be in love with the cheesecake and brownie combo, try this Brownie Bottom Cheesecake made with an Oreo crust.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie
- strawberry cake mix
- salted butter
- strawberry gelatin
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- heavy cream
- Golden Oreos (about ½ standard package) –
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Prep the pan and preheat the oven. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the brownie mix. Stir together the eggs, a ½ cup of melted butter, the strawberry cake mix, and 2 tablespoons of strawberry gelatin in a medium bowl until a thick batter forms. Pour the brownie batter into the dish and bake for 25 minutes then allow them to cool completely.
- Mix together the cheesecake layer. Combine the cream cheese, vanilla, and butter in a large bowl and beat until it’s light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and heavy cream and beat until smooth with an electric mixer. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled brownie layer. To make things easier, use an offset spatula.
- Make the crumble topping. Add the Golden Oreos to a food processor and pulse until they are broken into pieces. Leave several large chunks of cookies. Sprinkle the remaining gelatin over the crumbs and drizzle with melted butter. Pulse a few more times.
- Serving. Add the strawberry crumble on top of the brownies and press down in the frosting. Use a knife to cut into squares and enjoy!
If you use a 9×13 baking dish the brownies will be thinner and take less time to cook.
These strawberry cheesecake brownies are thick and fudgy and so sweet and delicious. We cut them into 9 – 2.5”x2.5” pieces, but 16 smaller pieces would be great for serving with other treats.
Adding some of the strawberry gelatin into the brownie batter gives them a punch of extra flavor and also helps to make them extra chewy/fudgy.
Yes, you can store these on the counter in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Some just cover the baking dish with foil and leave them out.
Once you have made the brownies, place them on a baking sheet and sit them in the freezer for 1 hour. Then transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze for up to 1 month. If you are using a plastic bag you can separate the layers with parchment paper.
Most are pretty good as long as you measure the rest of the ingredients correctly so they stay soft and chewy. But Duncan Hines carries an extra moist cake mix that I like to use.
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 8 oz. block cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup salted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
Strawberry Shortcake Crumble Ingredients:
- 20 Golden Oreos about ½ standard package
- 4 T. salted butter melted
- 4 T. strawberry gelatin the remaining amount
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper, spray with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Mix together ½ cup melted butter, eggs, strawberry cake mix, and 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin in a medium mixing bowl until well combined (batter will be thick).
- Use a rubber spatula to spread batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until combined. Add powdered sugar and heavy cream and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over the cooled brownies.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse Golden oreos until they are broken into pieces – be sure there are a number of larger chunks remaining.
- Sprinkle remaining strawberry gelatin over the cookie crumbs and drizzle with melted butter. Pulse in the food processor a few more times until combined.
- Sprinkle cookie crumbles over the strawberry brownies and press down into the frosting.
- Cut into squares and serve.