Mud Pie Ingredients:
- ½ package of Oreo cookies – crushed (food processor works best)
- ¼ C. melted butter
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- ⅔ C. heavy whipping cream
- 1 container of coffee or mocha almond fudge ice cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream – whipped with 2 T. powdered sugar to sweeten
- almonds – chopped and roasted/toasted
How to Make this Mud Pie Recipe:
Mud Pie Recipe
- 7 oz. Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ gallon mocha almond fudge or coffee ice cream softened
- ½ cup almonds toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush Oreo cookies in food processor and mix together with the melted butter. Press into a pie plate. Bake crust for 10-15 minutes until toasted. Cool.
- Make chocolate ganache by heating ⅔ c. heavy cream. Pour cream over the chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour a ¼-inch layer of ganache in the cooled cookie crust and spread across the bottom. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Set out container of ice cream to soften – soft enough to spread, but not melted. Mound the ice cream into your chilled crust and spread gently into a domed pie shape. Return to the freezer for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Whip 1 c. heavy cream and 2 T. powdered sugar. Pipe whipped cream in the center and around the perimeter of the pie.
- Drizzle warmed ganache over the top.
- Chop almonds and roast them at 350 degrees in the oven until they are browned and toasty.
- Cool before sprinkling over the top of the pie. Serve immediately.