I really love to eat salads and they make a great light lunch dish for guests. This chicken chopped salad is one of my favorites and is what I served for the Garden Party I shared here. The grilled chicken, bacon, blue cheese, and avocado mimic one of my favorite menu items from Chevy’s – the Santa Fe Chopped Salad. My version is simple to prepare in advance and makes such a pretty display. I eat it with a creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing that I started making when I couldn’t eat packaged salad dressings.
Chicken Chopped Salad and Cilantro-Lime Dressing – the Recipe
Chicken Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ C. soy sauce
- ½ C. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4-8 cups chopped lettuces - romaine baby green, and spinach
- 1 pound bacon chopped and cooked
- 4 Tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 1-2 avocados
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 2 limes
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- ½ C. fresh cilantro washed and stems removed
- ¼ C. honey more or less to taste
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine soy sauce, olive oil, juice of 1 lime, salt/pepper, and crushed garlic cloves to form marinade.
- Place chicken breasts in marinade and seal bag. Place in refrigerator for 30 min. - 3 hours.
- Grill chicken on low-med heat for 7-10 minutes on each, or until cooked through.
- Cool chicken and slice.
- Place 1-2 cups of salad greens on individual plate.
- Top with sliced chicken breast, 1 Tablespoon blue cheese, ½ sliced avocado, 2 Tablespoons crumbled bacon.
- Serve with Cilantro-Lime Dressing: In a blender, combine juice of 1 lime, salt/pepper, yogurt, fresh cilantro, and honey. Blend well and serve immediately.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @girlinspired1 and follow on Pinterest for more!
For advanced party prep, you can cook up the chicken and bacon the day before. The dressing should be blended up right before serving. Instead of serving guests individual salads, you can also place everything on a large platter to serve family style.
Don’t forget to check out the complete menu and party details for the Garden and Seed Exchange Party.
Comments & Reviews
Julie Linderman says
Delish- especially the dressing! Slurp!