This air fryer filet mignon recipe is going to be your go to when it comes to cooking the perfect steak! Not only is it a quick meal, but also restaurant quality and never dry! You can thank the unique seasoning and compound butter for the best steak you’ve ever made at home.
I have tested many air fryer steak recipes to find this is my favorite! It’s all about the temperature and cut of meat in my opinion. Most of the time when you think of a good steak, grilling is required, but sometimes that is just a hassle. Now you can have a gourmet meal in less than 30 minutes! I am using a blend of peppercorns and juniper berries for the rub, but you can also use your preferred steak seasoning.
My favorite sides to serve on steak night are corn on the cob (in the Instant Pot, so no labor required!) or mixed vegetables, baked potatoes, and my famous homemade dinner rolls. A meal like this isn’t complete without brownie bottom cheesecake or chocolate lasagna!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Recipe
- Filet mignon in air fryer are easy to make and SO delicious.
- No grilling required.
- Simple ingredients.
- There’s no pan searing or watching involved.
- Tender, juicy, flavorful without going to the steakhouse.
What Ingredients do I Need for Air Fryer Filet Mignon?
- filet mignon
- olive oil
- Sea salt
- tri-color peppercorns
- juniper berries
- szechuan peppercorns
- Herbed butter
Before You Start set the filets out 30 minutes before you are ready to cook. This allows them to come to room temperature which leads to cooking more evenly.
How to Make Filet Mignon in the Air Fryer
PREP: Rub the steaks with olive oil and salt. Grind the peppercorns and juniper berries together and rub the spices on all sides of the filets
COOK: Place the filets in the baskets and air fry for 10 minutes at 380 degrees. Flip them and cook for 5 more minutes.
REST AND SERVE: Let the steaks rest for a few minutes before serving. Top each on with garlic herb butter.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature for doneness (130-140 degrees medium rare, 140-150 degrees medium, 150-155 degrees medium-well). Don’t forget that while it rests, it will continue cooking a few more degrees.
- If you’re making your favorite steak seasoning, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir rather than applying it directly to the steak.
- Use pepper from a coarse grinder if you don’t have a mortar and pestle. For a little spice add a pinch or two of red pepper flakes.
- Cooking times will vary based on the thickness of the steak.
- Make your own butter compound by combining softened unsalted butter, garlic powder, and fresh herbs in a bowl. Place it in plastic wrap and mold it into a log shape. To cut a butter pat, let it chill for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- Another delicious topping is a spread of blue cheese. Simply melt some butter and stir in the blue cheese crumbles. Add a dollop to each steak instead of the butter.
- If you want to get fancy you can wrap these in a couple slices of bacon!
Ever wonder why filet mignon can be such an expensive cut of meat? Because there are only 2 beef tenderloin on a cow that equal just a couple pounds of meat.
Keep leftovers in an air tight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in the air fryer until warm. If you would like to freeze the steaks, do so before cooking. You can freeze cooked steaks, but they will not be nearly as tender when they thaw.
Filet mignon is a cut of meat from the beef tenderloin. You can cook up a whole roasted beef tenderloin for a fancier meal or to serve more people. Because the beef tenderloin is a tapered muscle, the wider end is served as the classic French “Chateaubriand” while smaller slices from the tapered end are what we typically consider “filet mignon” – “mignon” means little in French. Beef tenderloin is also sliced thinly, dressed, and served as Beef Carpaccio.
Air fryer filet mignon can be cooked into a delicious meal with just a simple salt and pepper seasoning. The ingredients in this recipe are “extra” and add some great flavor to the steak, but you can make a delicious air fryer steak by simply rubbing with salt and pepper and following the cooking instructions.
More Mouthwatering Main Course Meals
Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- 2 – 8 oz. filet mignon
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon tri-color peppercorns freshly ground
- 2 juniper berries
- ¼ teaspoon szechuan peppercorns
- Herbed butter
- Set out filets for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Rub with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind together the peppercorns and juniper berries.
- Rub desired amount of spices over the exterior of the filets.
- Place in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 380°F for 10 minutes, turn and continue cooking 5 more minutes (for medium rare 130-140°F).
- Cook time will vary slightly depending on thickness of the filets.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes.
- Top with butter compound.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @girlinspired1 and follow on Pinterest for more!
Leave A Reply!