Fit for a Princess

Princess Birthday Party Inspiration - beautiful!
It was a birthday party fit for a princess.  Colors in pink and mauve and copper.  Golden glitter accents.  Crowns and gowns and spaces for coloring and reading.  And, of course, cake.  A cake for every prince and princess.  Laughter and squeals and hunting for golden keys.  A little group of friends.  Perfect.  Happy Birthday, Grace.
I’ve created tutorials for most of the components of this Princess Birthday Party – I hope they inspire and help you to create your perfect party for your little princess!
Princess Birthday Party - so much inspiration, lots of tutorials!
 Tutu-Tablecloth-Tutorial
Tutorial for this stunning Tutu Tablecloth can be found here.
Princess Gown Tutorial - learn how to sew the skirt for a gorgeous princess gown!
This post will walk you through the steps to create the skirt portion for this princess dress – you simply attach it to any bodice pattern – she will absolutely glow when she puts this on!  Click here for the Princess Gown Skirt Tutorial.
Princess Crown Tutorial
Additional Sources:

Tissue Poms – Pom Love on etsy
Little Shoes, keys, gold bows – Beverly’s craft store
Cakes, Crowns, Princess Wreath, Tulle tablecloth – handmade

Comments

1. tobecontinued says

Looks like a great party! I made the rose cakes too for my niece’s first birthday party and it was a BIG hit. I will definitely be using them a lot!

2. toots2u says

Most definitely a party fit for a princess! Love those shoes on top of the cakes and the frosting is beautiful, as is everything!!

3. Kristie-Creating Chaos says

Adorable!!! Those cakes Stef, omg. I want to eat them all. They are so pretty. Happy Birthday Princess Gracie.

4. Ana says

Your cakes and party decor are absolutely stunning. Everything looks so beautiful. I would love to see more photos showing all the little details especially on your handmade items such as the tulle table cloth and rose garland. Congrats on creating an amazing party for your little princess.

5. chel wakley says

Hi, I’m with an online vintage dress boutique called Shabby Apple (www.shabbyapple.com) and I adore your blog. Shabby Apple offers affordable, stylish attire perfect for a day at work or play, or a night on the town. We would love to partner with you and offer your readers a 10% off coupon as well as the opportunity to giveaway one of our dresses on your blog. Please check us out at http://www.shabbyapple.com and let me know if you are interested.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thanks,

Chelsea Wakley

cwakely@shabbyapple.com
    (this is only open to US residents, if this is not a possibility please let me know)

6. Anonymous says

The best part was the cakes tasted even better than they looked. Absolutely to die for!! We enjoyed eating the rest of the cake yesterday during our special “girl time” (AKA Nicks nap time). Wonderful party!! Happy Birthday Princess Gracie!!

7. Sandy says

I had to come again…
    Those colors and yet so peaceful I just really like it.
    I saw the front of Victoria Bliss today! and thought of your post.

8. the poor sophisticate says

Hey there! I am visiting you from girl creative!What a gorgeous gorgeous site you have! Beautiful work!! Thanks for being so inspiring!have a wonderful day!
    Molly
    thepoorsophisticate.blogspot.com

9. Anneliese says

Oh, this is so adorable! I wish I could have you as my partner to plan one of my girl’s birthday parties! Looks like you have so much fun making all this beauty!

10. Jacqueline says

Gorgeous! I just loved everything from the shoes to the mini cakes to the table linen! I would love this for an adult girl party too or a shower. Wonderful.

11. Laura says

I know many have asked about the little shoes used on the cakes as to how to get them. I noticed that the source was Beverly’s craft store. I did not find them there. Can anyone help? I know this blog was from a year ago, but has anyone seen shoes like this?

Hi Laura, I didn’t see any last year, but when I bought them two years ago, they were ornaments – it should be just about the perfect time to start searching with the holiday stuff piling into the stores! Good luck!