We’re going to do something new around here, okay? If you’ve been reading along, you know I love a good celebration. And you know I love to dabble in a whole lot of everything artsy craftsy. My need to get elbow deep in frosting, fabric, and paper on a more regular basis has sparked the foundation for a new direction here at girl. Inspired. – Party Inspiration! Beginning today, I am going to be crafting up celebrations to share with you. I will put together a “look” centered around a theme, and then throughout the week, I’ll show you how to create many of the components of that look. Sound good? Exciting? Okay, then, here we go. First up…..a Vintage Circus Party – I couldn’t resist.
|Glass Bottles with Red Striped Straws and Ribbon/Ticket Ties|
This party grouping includes:
- Colorful Striped, Three-Layer Cake
- Glass Beverage Bottles with Ribbons and Tickets – the tickets would be great for writing party guests’ names and they look super fun, too!
- Wooden Dowels with knots of colorful ribbons pinned to the top make quick and festive table decorations
- Cupcakes with a big swirl of fluffy icing and “cake pop” style cherries on top
- A Ruffled Party Hat to coordinate with the party theme and dress
- The Party Dress (here, a size 12-18 months) in a vintage-inspired blue floral bodice and yellow and white striped skirt, detailed with a rolled edge on the neck and sleeves, shirring around the neck and waist, and white pom detailing on the hem.
- Bright, red polka dot bags of Popcorn
- A Big Roll of Tickets
|Circus Striped Cake|
|Quick Shirred Circus Dress|
|Ruffled Party Hat|
Over the next week, I’ll be sharing the how-to on the dress, hat, and the cake, as well as details on the fabric and where you can buy some of the party supplies I included.
Other posts for the Vintage Circus Party include:
Comments & Reviews
thanks for sharing.
Fairground Farley says
We are having my daughters 12th Birthday in March which happens to be a vintage circus theme (you are never too old) after trawling through the internet i was excited to find YOU for inspiration
Sugar Mama's Sweet Bowtique says
I feel so lucky to have stumbled-upon your blog! Thank you! [email protected]
That looks so much fun!!!! I just love all of your ideas 🙂 🙂
Sarah F. says
I love the idea of wrapping everything up in a neat package (inspiration, tutorials and giveaways!). I have been reading your site for a while and adore everything you make. Keep up the great work!
I am so happy I found this place! I want a cake like that for my sun’s birthday! Great photos!
Ben and Rebecca Moss says
I love this idea. Your site is so inspiring. I have 5 children, 3 are girls and I actually have abirthday coming up that I was toying with the circus theme. Vintage is so much fun! thank you for sharing so many fun ideas with us! Love the cake and the rufle hat is fun! Fun! FUn!
Leah Roy says
Loving the new direction, and I adore the vintage circus theme! You are SO talented, Stefanie!
Love this idea for a series, Stef! That cake makes me hungry, and that dress is so cute! Love the circus theme.
Kristin PG says
What a great idea! I adore that dress; I can’t wait for the tutorial, and I might just have to take a trip to the fabric store to see if I can find some yellow striped fabric, because that just makes it so much fun!
I wish this post would have happened before my daughters 2nd bday. It was a circus theme and I would have used some of your great ideas!
julie isa says
you never cease to amaze! love everything!