We’re going to do something new around here, okay? If you’ve been reading along, you know I love a good celebration. And you know I love to dabble in a whole lot of everything artsy craftsy. My need to get elbow deep in frosting, fabric, and paper on a more regular basis has sparked the foundation for a new direction here at girl. Inspired. – Party Inspiration! Beginning today, I am going to be crafting up celebrations to share with you. I will put together a “look” centered around a theme, and then throughout the week, I’ll show you how to create many of the components of that look. Sound good? Exciting? Okay, then, here we go. First up…..a Vintage Circus Party – I couldn’t resist.
|Glass Bottles with Red Striped Straws and Ribbon/Ticket Ties|
This party grouping includes:
- Colorful Striped, Three-Tiered Cake with Fluffy Whipped Icing
- Glass Beverage Bottles with Ribbons and Tickets – the tickets would be great for writing party guests’ names and they look super fun, too!
- Wooden Dowels with knots of colorful ribbons pinned to the top make quick and festive table decorations
- Cupcakes with a big swirl of fluffy icing and “cake pop” style cherries on top
- A Ruffled Party Hat to coordinate with the party theme and dress
- The Party Dress (here, a size 12-18 months) in a vintage-inspired blue floral bodice and yellow and white striped skirt, detailed with a rolled edge on the neck and sleeves, shirring around the neck and waist, and white pom detailing on the hem.
- Bright, red polka dot bags of Popcorn
- A Big Roll of Tickets
|Circus Striped Cake|
|Quick Shirred Circus Dress|
|Ruffled Party Hat|
Over the next week, I’ll be sharing the how-to on the dress, hat, and the cake, as well as details on the fabric and where you can buy some of the party supplies I included. And THEN, since I have all this cute stuff sitting here, I thought maybe one of YOU could use a little box of Circus fun.
Beginning with this post, and throughout the week, leave a comment on any post to be entered to win this dress and hat, and some other party goodies from me to you! ***Giveaway now closed. Thank you!***
And tell me, what do you think of the new plan? Party inspiration, tutorials, and giveaways – all my creative efforts organized and tied up in a neat, themed box!
Other posts for the Vintage Circus Party include:
Circus Hat How-To
**Do you have a business or product that you would like to share with girl. Inspired. readers? I would love to hear from you! Please email Stef at firstname.lastname@example.org**