These breakfast sliders are filled with sausage, eggs, cheese, and a slight sweetness from the maple syrup. Combining all of your breakfast faves on the best slider roll you can find!
If you are normally a fan of a good breakfast sandwich or biscuits and haven’t tried your favorite combo on a Hawaiian roll, you have no idea what you are missing! Not only are these great for busy mornings, but they are the show stopper when it comes to hosting brunch.
Have you tried making breakfast charcuteries boards yet? If so, these would be the perfect addition all stacked up waiting for grabs. Moms, these reheat well so make an extra batch for the next time you have an early morning at the ball field or just to have on hand that the kids can make themselves.
More Tasty Breakfast Recipes
- The Best Breakfast Crepes
- Hot Buttermilk Scones with Cinnamon-Sugar Crust
- Grain-Free Waffles
- Cheesy Egg Bake
INGREDIENTS FOR BREAKFAST SLIDERS
- Butter – I’m using salted, so if you go with unsalted you may need to add a dash later.
- Eggs – these are going to be scrambled, keep reading on how to keep them fluffy.
- Slider Buns – Hawaiian rolls are what we like, but if that’s not an option just use what you can find
- Breakfast sausage – go ahead and grab a pack of the pre-cooked breakfast sausage patties
- Cheddar Cheese – You can also use grated cheese – it melts easily and quickly. Tillamook’s sliced medium cheddar works great for this recipe.r grated. If you go with the grated option, Tilamook’s
- Maple syrup – if you don’t have syrup on hand, swap for some honey. The melted butter and maple syrup sauce seeps down into the rolls. It adds a little sweetness and buttery saltiness – absolutely delicious.
How to Make Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of butter to a large skillet and cook over medium low heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs until they are fluffy, then pour them into the pan, and stir with a spatula.
- Slice the tops of the slider rolls in half, making one full slice. Place the bottom of the buns in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread the scrambled eggs over the rolls.
- Cover with slices of cheddar cheese.
- Add one breakfast sausage patty to each roll.
- Then top with more cheese slices and put the tops back together to make a sandwich.
- Melt the remaining butter in the microwave and whisk in the maple syrup.
- Pour the butter mixture over the breakfast sliders, then use a pastry brush to cover evenly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes or until the rolls are warm and the cheese has melted. Uncover and continue cooking for another 5 to 10 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Use bacon instead of sausage.
- Replace the sausage and cheddar cheese with ham and swiss or provolone.
- Add some mustard to the top buns before or after baking.
- Breakfast sliders will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days when stored in a plastic bag or airtight container.
- You can freeze them for up to a month once they have cooled. Transfer them to a baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes before putting them in a freezer bag. This helps to keep them together.
- We like to use pre-cooked sausage patties – you can also purchase 2 pounds of raw ground sausage and form/cook your own patties, but the pre-cooked kind of fast and also perfectly sized to fit one patty per slider.
- Cooking scrambled eggs slow and low is the key to making creamy, soft scrambled eggs. You can add salt and pepper to taste in your eggs.
Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- ½ cup salted butter divided
- 10 large eggs
- 16- pack Hawaiian rolls
- 15 cooked breakfast sausages
- 1 pound ground beef crumbled
- 10 large slices cheddar cheese about ¾ pound
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Whisk eggs in a medium mixing bowl until fluffy and combined.
- Pour eggs into melted butter and cook over low to medium heat, scrambling the eggs by gently lifting with a silicone spatula until all the eggs are cooked through.
- Place the rolls into a 9×13 casserole dish and divide/adjust the rolls to fill the casserole dish. Slice the tops off of the rolls in one full slice.Place the bottoms of rolls into the casserole dish and set tops aside.
- Spread the scrambled eggs over the rolls.
- Cover the scrambled eggs with slices of cheddar cheese.
- Top with sausage patties – one sausage patty per roll.
- Top the sausage patty layer with more slices of cheese and then place the tops of the rolls back into place.
- Melt the remaining butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the maple syrup and whisk the mixture together.
- Pour butter mixture over the rolls, using a pastry brush to spread evenly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and rolls are heated through. Remove aluminum foil and bake for 5-10 minutes longer until the tops are browned.