You’re going to be head over heels for this simple Eggnog Pie recipe. This holiday season, why not eat your egg nog instead of drinking it? It’s certain to be a family favorite and is perfect for Thanksgiving menus, holiday desserts, and even a tasty way to ring in the New Year as well.
Make sure to check out my Bailey’s Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle for another amazingly simple dessert.
Depending on who you ask, people either love or hate eggnog. In my house, when it comes to eggnog recipes, we will never turn one down. This is especially true during the holiday season. Although, I’ll eat eggnog desserts any time of the year.
Since you can make a creamy pie with this simple no bake recipe, I think you’ll find the flavor and taste quite addictive. I actually love using instant pudding mixes for desserts because they make a creamy filling and are super simple to make! This is one of those easy recipes that just takes 15 minutes to prep and make!
Keep in mind that this easy pie recipe is perfect for serious eggnog lovers. It’s become a holiday tradition in our house to serve this at Christmas dinner.
Why We Love No Bake Eggnog Cream Pie
There’s no denying that eggnog flavor. You can’t beat this great recipe for the Christmas season as it’s really simple to follow along with and make.
You can use a premade crust for an EVEN FASTER pie. Or mix up my favorite oil pie crust – it takes just a few minutes to mix up and roll out – possibly even faster than waiting for that premade crust to thaw out!
Last but not least, let’s give thanks for fact that this pie filling literally takes just three simple ingredients. THREE! That’s it! Now you can see why it’s at the top of the list as one of my favorite recipes!
With just one bite of this easy pie recipe, you’ll get a mouthful of wonderful holiday flavor. Sharing it with family and friends is ALMOST as good as the whipped cream on top.
Add this Delicious No Bake Cheesecake to your baking radar as well. You can always make room for more desserts!
What You Need For Eggnog Pie
Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix – The filling of this no bake pie is super creamy and this is all because of the added pudding mix.
Eggnog – You’re going to need 1.5 cups eggnog for this recipe. You can actually make it from scratch (I used my favorite homemade eggnog recipe in this pie right here!!) but using your favorite brand from the grocery store works just as well.
Ground Fresh Nutmeg – This is the good stuff! Freshly ground is key! I’m a huge fan of freshly ground nutmeg. I add it to my pumpkin pie, too!
Heavy Whipping Cream – You can never have too much whipped topping on top of the pie! The whipped cream can be piped onto the whole pie as a pretty decoration or simply served alongside.
9″ Pie Crust – No matter if you choose a crust made out of graham crackers or decide to go with a gingerbread crust, I’m a huge fan of having options. A regular pie crust works perfectly, too!
How To Make Holiday Eggnog Pie
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together instant pudding mix, eggnog, and nutmeg until the mixture begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
In a separate medium bowl (or in a standing mixer), whisk the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the eggnog pudding mixture.
Transfer pie filling into the prepared pie shell.
Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours to allow the pie to firm up.
Serve with additional whipped cream and a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg.
Tips for Making + Troubleshooting
- To up the flavor of this holiday eggnog pie, change up the original recipe a bit. A dash of rum extract into the mix can create a fun holiday treat! (or use another one of your favorite holiday beverages!)
- If you want to make your own crust the first time, we totally get that, too! A no bake eggnog pie with a graham cracker crust can easily be made from scratch. Just grab your food processor, a pie plate, a small bowl, and a tad bit of melted butter. Blend the crackers into fine crumbs, add the melted butter, and stir. Place the mixture in the pie pan to make the bottom of the crust, and that’s it! You can easily do this with a cookie crust, too!
- To make this eggnog pie taste like a different pie, you can change up the flavor of the instant pudding. Chocolate eggnog pie? You bet!
How To Store
Make sure that you store this pie in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. Don’t leave it out to get to room temperature – it needs to stay chilled!
Topping Ideas For Chilled Eggnog Pie
Don’t forget that you can always add a little bit of toppings as well. The only change I would recommend for this simple pie is to change up the top! Drizzling on some chocolate or caramel could be great, or even topping with a few sugared cranberries might be just what you need.
More Holiday Desserts You’ll Love
Delicious Eggnog Pie Recipe
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz. package)
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together instant pudding mix, eggnog, and nutmeg until mixture begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- In a separate bowl (or in a standing mixer), whisk the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the eggnog pudding mixture.
- Transfer pie filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Chill for at least 3 hours to allow the pie to firm up.
- Serve with additional whipped cream and a sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @girlinspired1 and follow on Pinterest for more!
Comments & Reviews
Barbara Haught says
what size pudding box?
Hi Barbara! The smaller – 3.4 oz. – size.