Chocolate chip banana bread has got to be one of the best chocolate treats. If you need a recipe for bread without yeast, this is the dessert bread for you! With just the right amount of chocolate and an easy recipe to make, this banana bread is a great way to use up bananas that are past their prime and turning brown.
The sour cream in this banana bread keeps it extra moist and the brown sugar takes a traditional banana bread recipe and turns it into a sweet dessert with an unmatched depth of flavor.
If you’d like to add walnuts or another type of nut to this banana bread, you certainly can. You can also adjust the amount of chocolate chips. Banana bread with chocolate chips can be quite a sweet combination, so I like to add just enough to scatter some chocolate goodness throughout, but not have the chocolate overpower the bananas in the bread. Fine tune the combination for your tastebuds and you will have the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe to keep in your recipe box.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 bananas very ripe/brown
- 1 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix into butter mixture.
- Mash bananas with a fork and gently fold into the batter.
- Fold in walnuts and chocoalte chips.
- Divide batter between two large bread loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. The banana bread is done baking when a tootpick poked into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @girlinspired1 and follow on Pinterest for more!
This dessert bread doesn’t last long in our house, but once it has cooled completely, wrap in plastic wrap to keep the moisture and freshness in. You can keep it in the refrigerator or even the freezer for up to 1 month (frozen). Defrost at room temperature for several hours when you’re ready to eat it.
Now that you know how to make chocolate chip banana bread, you’ll never let those old bananas go to waste again! Happy baking!
Other Sweet Breads
Here are some other sweet breads and desserts that you might love!
Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe
The best homemade sweet dinner rolls, my Granny's recipe.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Soft and sweet with a hint of pumpkin and spice, and a rich creamy frosting.
Leave A Reply!