We don’t typically do anything wild and crazy for New Year’s Eve. We eat something unhealthy, like nachos or more fudge, watch a movie, and nod to each other at midnight…if we’re awake. Nevertheless, I walked past an end cap at Target with celebratory hats, looked at the discount tinsel in my shopping cart, and decided to make a few New Year’s Eve hats to throw a little extra fun into our quiet festivities.
Making these New Year’s Eve hats is quick and easy and probably requires no explanation, but I’ll do a quick walk through just in case.
- print and cut out the template – click here for template
- trace the template onto cardstock,
- cut it out,
- gently wrap into a cone, insert the tabs into the slit, and hot glue for extra security.
- Add a 15-inch piece of tinsel around the base of the hat with hot glue
- Add a small fluff of tinsel to the top of the hat with hot glue
- Cut an elastic cord or ribbon to hold the hat on – 15 inches for children, 18 inches for adult
- Hot glue each end of the elastic cord on each inner side of the hat.
- Add glittered letters or signs if you like (I didn’t have glittery letters, so I mod podged some glitter onto other letter stickers)
Presto!! Now you’re ready to party!