This Crunchy Chinese Chicken Salad is full of crunchy texture from toasted almonds, ramen noodles, and a variety of greens. A homemade soy ginger dressing bursts with flavor that perfectly compliments the grilled chicken and Asian flair in this salad.
This Chinese chicken salad requires only a little prep to chop the vegetables and toast the crunchy stuff. I usually make it a day or two after I’ve grilled some chicken so that I can just toss leftover chicken into the bowl, making dinner preparation even easier!! The salad goes nicely with this barbecue chicken recipe, as the soy sauce bases blend perfectly. Ratios for the ingredients depend completely on personal preference – here’s how I make it.
Chinese Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 1/2 head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head green or red lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup chives or green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cups grilled chicken, chopped
- 1 package Top Ramen noodles, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Optional: snap peas, bean sprouts, broccoli florets
Asian Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil/olive oil
- 1/2 C. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
How to make a mouth-watering Chinese Chicken Salad:
Step 1: Smash Top Ramen noodles into small pieces in the packaging – open up, discard seasoning packet. Spread dry noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds on a baking sheet. In a 350 degree oven, toast noodles/almonds/sesame seeds until lightly browned (approx. 5-8 minutes). Remove from oven immediately and transfer off of baking sheet to cool.
Step 2: Chop and toss all other ingredients in a large salad bowl. Add cooled crunchies.
Step 3: Prepare dressing by mixing all the ingredients with a whisk or in the blender and toss with salad.
(Adjust salad:dressing ratio to taste) Enjoy!!!
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1/2 head green or red lettuce
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chives or green onions
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup grilled chicken cubed
- 1 pkg. Top Ramen noodles seasoning packet discarded
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
Soy Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Break noodles into small pieces. Place noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds on a small baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately transfer browned noodles, almonds, and seeds to salad bowl so that they do not overcook in the residual heat from the baking sheet.
- Rinse and chop all remaining salad ingredients into bite size pieces and toss with toasted ingredients in salad bowl.
- Whisk together all salad dressing ingredients.
- Dress and toss salad. Adjust the amount of salad dressing to taste.