Cute treats don’t get any easier than these fun Valentine Pretzel Chips. My family love a good sweet and salty combination and I love making a treat that can be ready to eat in minutes!
I put together a little video to show you how easy it is to make candy pretzels. I keep making different variations of these because my family gobbles them right up! Play the video below and then go grab your supplies to make your own!
Valentine Pretzel Chips
1 bag of candy melts (the peppermint flavor is especially good!) or melting chocolate
1-2 bags of pretzel chips (you might want to buy them in bulk.)
bowl and microwave for melting, cookie sheet or parchment paper
Ziploc baggy or disposable candy bag
- Spread a single layer of pretzel chips on a cooling rack or sheet of parchment paper. Leave very little spacing between each pretzel.
- Place candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until candy melts are completely smooth. Do not overheat and do not get any moisture in the bowl or the candy will seize up.
- Transfer melted candy to a plastic baggy (or disposable piping bag). Clip a very small corner from the baggy – the size of the hole you snip will determine the thickness of the candy streams as you cover your pretzels.
- Squeeze the candy in a stream over the pretzel chips, weaving back and forth to cover the tray of chips.
- Immediately shake sprinkles over the top.
- Transfer the pretzel chips to the refrigerator to cool quickly. They’ll be ready in about 5 minutes.
- When the candy has hardened, break apart any pretzel chips that have stuck together from the continuous candy stream. Serve!
Don’t forget to check out some of our other favorite ideas for Valentine’s Day desserts!