Socializing outdoors calls for a huge batch of Strawberry Sangria. Perfect for sipping in the summer sunshine, this white sangria recipe bursts with the refreshing combination of strawberries, raspberries, and lemonade. A Sauvignon Blanc base marries perfectly with these summer fruit flavors. You’ll make a huge pitcher of perfect chilled sangria to share! Serve this sangria and some classic rum mojitos at your next barbecue.
What is Sangria?
Sangria is an alcoholic beverage originating in Spain. It contains wine mixed with any combination of fruits, juices, other liquors, sweeteners, and/or sparkling water. Sangria will vary in color depending on the type of wine used and also the added ingredients. This Strawberry Sangria recipe is a light pink color which comes from its white wine base and pink lemonade, strawberry, and raspberry additions.
Making the Strawberry Sangria
This strawberry sangria recipe starts with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and frozen pink lemonade concentrate. The pink lemonade gives the sangria that gorgeous pink color.
Once you have mixed the wine and other liquids, it’s time to add the fruit. Strawberries and raspberries are especially nice for making a white sangria. They can meddle in the wine for quite a while and their flavor really shines through. Lemon slices are also gorgeous for garnishing the glass. They can be added to the drink container for a little while, but will add bitterness to the sangria if left for too long.
If you are gathering with a group and the strawberry sangria will be consumed fairly quickly, go ahead and load up the pitcher or beverage container with ice just before serving. Otherwise, I’d recommend keeping it out of the sun and filling your wine glasses with ice at serving time.
- 1.5 liter sauvignon blanc
- 1 liter club soda
- 6 ounces frozen pink lemonade concentrate (1/2 can)
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1 lemon washed and sliced for garnish
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 pint fresh raspberries gently rinsed
- Whisk together frozen lemonade concentrate and simple syrup.
- Gently stir wine with lemonade and sugar mixture.
- Mix liquids in a large beverage container with fruits. Allow to muddle for 10-15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add club soda and ice to beverage container and stir gently.
- Enjoy this adult beverage responsibly.