I’ve got an exciting week coming up which I’ll tell you more about a little later. I haven’t had much time to create new Halloween decor this year, but I’ve certainly covered the nooks and crannies with pumpkins! Hoping to make some Halloweenee cupcakes at some point, but we’ll see. In the meantime, I thought I’d repost my super Halloween project from last year. I still love it!!
The weather is warming up, the days are getting longer, and the girls are all growing way too fast. I was looking at the bin of summer clothes for Gracie today and I couldn’t bring myself to get them out. I feel like I just put them away; it seems like Olivia was just running around in those very clothes. Time passes too quickly on days like this and I start to panic that I’ve let moments slip by that I won’t remember. Even through scrapbooking, photographing, and now, bloggging, I often feel like I’m only capturing the tip of the iceberg.
Two Easters ago, Olivia wore one of the outfits that I saw folded in that box this afternoon. I went into my office and thumbed through the mini-album I created to capture those sweet memories and it just made me smile. In case you’re looking for a bit of Easter inspiration, I thought I’d share the album.
No, I did not have another baby (wink), but I am a believer in making cute and equal keepsakes for all my girls, even if it takes a while. This announcement for Grace sits on the bookcase in her room and I smile every time I look at it. It’s busy. It’s bright. It has ribbon and chipboard. What else do you need?
1. Cut a 12×12 sheet of solid cardstock into a rectangle or file folder shape measuring 10×7. Fold in half and round outer corners so that you have a 5×7 card base.
2. Cut three 1-inch strips of patterned paper and align diagonally from left bottom to top right on the front of the announcement.
3. Stamp elephant crowd with brown ink onto solid cardstock and cut out. Apply to bottom left corner.
4. Using six 3-inch pieces of ribbon, fold each piece in half and staple along back flap (this is the file folder label area on my announcement).
5. Embellish front with three flower/brad combinations, completed tag, and a small knot of ribbon.
6. Lay chipboard letter face down on patterned paper and trace. Cut out letter and glue onto the chipboard. Sand edges. Use foam adhesive dots to apply the letter to the front of the announcement. (The foam adhesive “pops” the letter and gives the piece an extra layer of dimension).
Products used: cardstock: hollyhock solid carstock by Close to My Heart, patterned paper: MME “everyday tango” by Lisa Cohen, ribbon: Designer Ribbon Rounds (hollyhock) by Close to My Heart , tag: 7Gypsies, Stamp: “Nursery Bash” by Close to My Heart, brads: American Crafts, flowers and chipboard letter: from my stash, staples: office supply (I think it’s funny when magazines list “office supply” for staples…duh)
This post is linked with:
Sumo’s Sweet Stuff: Market Yourself Monday
The Girl Creative: Just Something I Whipped Up