I’ve put together a tutorial for you and I’ll give you the measurements that I used. The pictures and instructions correspond to a second dress that I made, hence the red skirt; this one is about a size 5. (I actually didn’t like how the second dress turned out – the prints on the fabric were too similar in size – I separated them and ended up with the cutest shirt for Olivia, and I’ll sew the red dot into a skirt.) This is going to be an “adjust for your child” sort of sizing, okay? I’m estimating that the circus dress turned out to be about a size 12-18 months and I’ll give you the measurements that I used to help you guesstimate your own sizing.
|Glass Bottles with Red Striped Straws and Ribbon/Ticket Ties|
This party grouping includes:
- Colorful Striped, Three-Layer Cake with Fluffy Whipped Icing
- Glass Beverage Bottles with Ribbons and Tickets – the tickets would be great for writing party guests’ names and they look super fun, too!
- Wooden Dowels with knots of colorful ribbons pinned to the top make quick and festive table decorations
- Cupcakes with a big swirl of fluffy icing and “cake pop” style cherries on top
- A Ruffled Party Hat to coordinate with the party theme and dress
- The Party Dress (here, a size 12-18 months) in a vintage-inspired blue floral bodice and yellow and white striped skirt, detailed with a rolled edge on the neck and sleeves, shirring around the neck and waist, and white pom detailing on the hem.
- Bright, red polka dot bags of Popcorn
- A Big Roll of Tickets
|Circus Striped Cake|
|Quick Shirred Circus Dress|
|Ruffled Party Hat|