No, I did not have another baby (wink), but I am a believer in making cute and equal keepsakes for all my girls, even if it takes a while. This announcement for Grace sits on the bookcase in her room and I smile every time I look at it. It’s busy. It’s bright. It has ribbon and chipboard. What else do you need?
1. Cut a 12×12 sheet of solid cardstock into a rectangle or file folder shape measuring 10×7. Fold in half and round outer corners so that you have a 5×7 card base.
2. Cut three 1-inch strips of patterned paper and align diagonally from left bottom to top right on the front of the announcement.
3. Stamp elephant crowd with brown ink onto solid cardstock and cut out. Apply to bottom left corner.
4. Using six 3-inch pieces of ribbon, fold each piece in half and staple along back flap (this is the file folder label area on my announcement).
5. Embellish front with three flower/brad combinations, completed tag, and a small knot of ribbon.
6. Lay chipboard letter face down on patterned paper and trace. Cut out letter and glue onto the chipboard. Sand edges. Use foam adhesive dots to apply the letter to the front of the announcement. (The foam adhesive “pops” the letter and gives the piece an extra layer of dimension).
Products used: cardstock: hollyhock solid carstock by Close to My Heart, patterned paper: MME “everyday tango” by Lisa Cohen, ribbon: Designer Ribbon Rounds (hollyhock) by Close to My Heart , tag: 7Gypsies, Stamp: “Nursery Bash” by Close to My Heart, brads: American Crafts, flowers and chipboard letter: from my stash, staples: office supply (I think it’s funny when magazines list “office supply” for staples…duh)
This post is linked with:
Sumo’s Sweet Stuff: Market Yourself Monday
The Girl Creative: Just Something I Whipped Up