- Variety – The pattern includes three variations and I loved them so much, I tried all three. On Grace’s dress, I changed the variation a little bit as the pattern has a flat patchwork panel running down the center of the dress. I chose to do two patchwork ruffles just so I could squeeze more ruffles in somewhere. I don’t know that the prints were different enough from one another to see the patchwork aspect, but just think of the possibilities with Lindsay’s design! There are also plenty of opportunities to add ric rac, ribbon, ruffles, buttons, all kinds of embellishments – love that! You can even get two looks out of one dress because it’s fully reversible!
- Straightforward – The progression of steps in this pattern was perfect. The instructions were clear and I loved that there were little tips included; I felt like Lindsay was there showing me what to do (someday maybe!!) The illustrations and extra details were invaluable.
- Seam Allowances – This is probably a little weird, but one of my pet peeves is when it takes me like a hundred years to identify the seam allowances on a pattern. Not so here! The seam allowances were written clear as day. It made me smile.
- Simple and Quick – The dress was simple enough to put together that I did the latter two dresses a couple steps at a time while cooking dinner or watching the kids color. After assembling the first dress, I didn’t even need to check the instructions the second and third round. Everything was just so well explained and straightforward. A quick sew ranks high in my book!
- No Seam Ripper Needed – This pattern is drawn so perfect and explained so well, I didn’t have to redo anything! Lindsay’s technique for the scallop front is genius and the scallops pressed out easily. (I trimmed all my seams with pinking shears). All three dresses came together easily with the lines matching up and everything lying flat. It was a sewing dream!
This giveaway has concluded. Please check in for future giveaways. Thanks!
Thanks for entering. If you are interested in sponsoring a giveaway at girl. Inspired., please contact Stef at email@example.com****
- I used Burda 9671 for the jacket. I had a really hard time following the pattern instructions and ultimately abandoned them altogether, but the jacket turned out fine in the end (good for a costume, not so much for church).
- I used this tutorial for the bow tie. I used fleece to line it because I wanted it to have a nice puffy costume feel. The tutorial was a cinch to follow, I’d highly recommend it.
- I started with this tutorial for the suspenders, but made both straps connect at the center back with just one suspender clip. Another great tutorial.
- For the shorts, I just followed a simple shorts pattern and then used fusible, double-sided interfacing to add two white ovals on the front. So cute!!
- I also made some little yellow booties to slip over Easton’s shoes; I think the booties totally pull the whole look together.