Cute treats don’t get any easier than these fun Valentine Pretzel Chips. My family love a good sweet and salty combination and I love making a treat that can be ready to eat in minutes!
I put together a little video to show you how easy it is to make candy pretzels. I keep making different variations of these because my family gobbles them right up! Play the video below and then go grab your supplies to make your own!
Valentine Pretzel Chips
1 bag of candy melts (the peppermint flavor is especially good!) or melting chocolate
1-2 bags of pretzel chips (you might want to buy them in bulk.)
bowl and microwave for melting, cookie sheet or parchment paper
Ziploc baggy or disposable candy bag
- Spread a single layer of pretzel chips on a cooling rack or sheet of parchment paper. Leave very little spacing between each pretzel.
- Place candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until candy melts are completely smooth. Do not overheat and do not get any moisture in the bowl or the candy will seize up.
- Transfer melted candy to a plastic baggy (or disposable piping bag). Clip a very small corner from the baggy – the size of the hole you snip will determine the thickness of the candy streams as you cover your pretzels.
- Squeeze the candy in a stream over the pretzel chips, weaving back and forth to cover the tray of chips.
- Immediately shake sprinkles over the top.
- Transfer the pretzel chips to the refrigerator to cool quickly. They’ll be ready in about 5 minutes.
- When the candy has hardened, break apart any pretzel chips that have stuck together from the continuous candy stream. Serve!