Have you seen these banners made from strips of fabric yet? They’re popping up all over the internet and I think they make such fun backdrops for parties, particularly dessert tables. I made one last week in preparation for Addie’s upcoming birthday party.
I used about 2 yards of fabric total, cutting 2-2.5″ wide strips selvage to selvage from a variety of aqua/teal fabrics. You simply take a long ribbon and knot the strips of fabric around the ribbon.
Ten minutes later and you’ve got yourself a great little decoration. The party is still a couple weeks away, but I am loving the festive colors draped up on my antique cubbies in the sewing room.
|Glass Bottles with Red Striped Straws and Ribbon/Ticket Ties|
This party grouping includes:
- Colorful Striped, Three-Tiered Cake with Fluffy Whipped Icing
- Glass Beverage Bottles with Ribbons and Tickets – the tickets would be great for writing party guests’ names and they look super fun, too!
- Wooden Dowels with knots of colorful ribbons pinned to the top make quick and festive table decorations
- Cupcakes with a big swirl of fluffy icing and “cake pop” style cherries on top
- A Ruffled Party Hat to coordinate with the party theme and dress
- The Party Dress (here, a size 12-18 months) in a vintage-inspired blue floral bodice and yellow and white striped skirt, detailed with a rolled edge on the neck and sleeves, shirring around the neck and waist, and white pom detailing on the hem.
- Bright, red polka dot bags of Popcorn
- A Big Roll of Tickets
|Circus Striped Cake|
|Quick Shirred Circus Dress|
|Ruffled Party Hat|
|Parisian Baby Shower|
|Shabby Chic Vintage Tea Party|
|These toes are not for sale, but wouldn’t you know….Papercandee designed the paper products for this birthday party and I designed the dress!! Small world, eh? And those toes look just scrumptious!! This was for the Shabby Chic Vintage Tea Party.|
|Shabby Chic Vintage Tea Party Invitation|
|Vintage Airplane Boy Birthday|
|Paris Party Activity Book|
- Leave me a lovely comment.
- “Like” Papercandee on Facebook.
- “Like” girl. Inspired. on Facebook.
- Subscribe to the girl. Inspired. blog
Tissue Poms – Pom Love on etsy
Little Shoes, keys, gold bows – Beverly’s craft store
Cakes, Crowns, Princess Wreath, Tulle tablecloth – handmade