At her request, Olivia also got a new dress for the upcoming tea party. I jumped on the opportunity to use more of my flower ribbon. I also wanted to experiment again with a bustled hemline. The finished result is quite cute I think!
The dress is fully lined so that I could play with some little gathered tufts at the bottom. I just marked out evenly spaced lines around the hem and sewed a two-inch gathering stitch at each interval. I gathered the skirt vertically every three-ish inches. The lining underneath was made with a white cotton to which I added a border and lace trim in pink coordinating fabric. In hindsight, I wish that I would have made the border wider so that I could have “bustled” the top of the skirt more. Next time, next time.
The fabrics I used for this dress and Grace’s apron skirt are from Lakehouse Fabrics by Holly Holderman; this particular line is Penelope. I think I love it.