Felted Wool Balls

Do you do the felting thing?

I have seen some pretty amazing things that have been felted, but a new hobby is not really what I’m looking for.  Rolling wool roving into balls, though?  That I can handle.  This is a fun project for the evening in front of the television.  Ready for the instructions?  It couldn’t be easier!
 And then you have a whole pile of pretty balls!
 Now…what to do with them? Make a garland?
Fill a canister?  Drape a bookcase?

Make caterpillars?
Blow a couple hours engaging the caterpillars in a photo shoot?
The options are endless.  Have fun!

Comments

1. Clara {Clover and Violet} says

Adorable! Love the look, I just bought a crochet bunting and I think these would look so cute with it!

2. Lanie says

Lol. How fun. They are so cheery. Looks like a craft we might have done as kids. It’s like a combo of colored glue and soap balls. ;)

3. Michele Alger says

I always look forward to your posts! Not only do you have the most beautiful and wonderful ideas, but you are so witty! I’m so gonna try making these. WAY FUN!

4. Kristie Clower says

Felted wool dryer balls! Cuts down drying time & turns chores into playtime. I have 2 at the moment and need, er, want like 8 more. I’m totally adoring the garland though. One would look great in Caetlin’s room.

5. kristin says

Very cute – love the colors you chose! This is one of those projects I’ve been wanting to try – seems like it’d be a fun one to do with a kid, too…?

6. Sunae @ Because I said Sew... says

What a great way to pretty things up! I will definitely be trying this as moving-out-of-home-with-no-money decor! :)

7. Four Little Munchkins says

This is something I’ve been wanting to try but I don’t know where to start. You said it best… there’s no time for a new hobby. Can I ask where you bought just enough to do a few little things?

Do you know if the regular (nicer) wool felt from JoAnn’s can be used to make these balls? It does not look the same as the wool roving you show here….. The kind I found was sold off the bolt and was more smooth (not “fluffy” like this is).

I’m desperate to make your beautiful Thanksgiving acorn napkin rings and napkins for my holiday table! :)

Oh wow, this is so darned EASY!!! I thought these involved felting needles and a whole bunch of supplies…. this I can definitely handle! I wanna learn actual felting cause those mini animals and accessories are so fab, but that is complex, and like you, I’m not up to biting off a new hobby just now. So glad I peeked over here from the ‘acorn napkin ring’ tutorial to see how complex felted balls were. LOVE the confetti ball garland thing over the headboard, and I can’t wait to turn all manner of felted balls into jewelry, ornaments… gonna be a felty holiday, me thinks! Thanks so much! You are without a doubt my fave blogger, and so excited to hear theres a book in the works!

Hugs & Hope,